This privacy statement relates to the processing of your personal data by Devos & Van den Eynde Advocatenassociatie during your contacts with Devos & Van den Eynde Advocatenassociatie.
Devos & Van den Eynde take your privacy seriously. Personal data obtained will be processed in accordance with the principles on the processing of personal data and the obligations imposed by the European Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC, either “the General Data Protection Regulation” (“GDPR”) or “General Data Protection Regulation” (“GDPR”).
For example, Devos & Van den Eynde Advocatenassociation processes personal data obtained taking into account the following principles that every data processing must comply with, in particular:
- Personal data will be processed in a manner that is lawful, proper and transparent with regard to the data subject (‘legality, fairness and transparency’);
- Personal data will only be collected for specific, explicitly defined and justified purposes. Devos & Van den Eynde Advocatenassociatie will not process data in a manner incompatible with those purposes (“purpose binding”);
- Personal data will only be collected in such a manner that they are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which data will be processed (“minimum data processing”);
- Personal data must be correct and, if necessary, updated; Devos & Van den Eynde Advocatenassociatie takes all reasonable measures to erase or rectify without delay personal data that are incorrect in view of the purposes for which they are processed (“accuracy”);
- Personal data must be stored in a form that makes it impossible to identify data subjects any longer than is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods to the extent that personal data are processed solely for archiving in the public interest, for scientific or historical research or for statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89(1), provided that the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by this Regulation are taken to protect the rights and freedoms of the data subjects (‘storage restriction’);
- By taking appropriate technical or organisational measures, personal data must be processed in such a way as to ensure appropriate security, and to be protected, among other things, from unauthorised or unlawful processing and from accidental loss, destruction or damage (“integrity and confidentiality”).
Who is responsible for the processing of the personal data?
Devos & Van den Eynde Advocatenassociatie BV, with registered office at 2440 Geel, Diestseweg 155, company number 0822.976.011 is responsible for the processing of your personal data.
Which personal data will we process?
By personal data we mean all information about an identified or identifiable natural (living) person.
In principle, we do not process directly identifiable personal data via our website, unless you voluntarily provide it to us for that purpose.
During other interactions in which information is exchanged (consultations by telephone, e-mail, at the office, …), we only collect personal data that are either necessary for the execution of client-lawyer contract, or which are necessary to comply with any legal obligations (i.e. anti-money laundering legislation).
What purposes are your personal data intended for, and on what grounds will your personal data be processed?
Your personal data will only be processed to enable a correct legal service or to comply with any legal obligation. The legal basis for this processing is ‘contractual necessity’ and ‘legal obligation’.
Who will receive your personal data?
Personal data we process will not be accessible to any third parties and will only be accessed for internal use by Devos & Van den Eynde Advocatenassociatie. However, Devos & Van den Eynde Advocatenassociatie relies on third parties for certain (technical) services, such as web hosting, the use of specific lawyer software, cloud computing, ICT support which may lead to such third parties having access to your personal data.
Within our habitual service and and depending on the nature of the assignment entrusted to Devos & Van den Eynde Advocatenassociatie, certain personal data may be exchanged with the following categories of recipients:
- Office workers including lawyers and servants;
- Lawyers from other firms acting for other parties within an assignment;
- given to Devos & Van den Eynde Advocatenassociatie;
- Courts and Administrative Tribunals;
- Administrative authorities;
- Judicial agents (trustees, trustees, debt mediators, liquidators, …);
- Expert witnesses;
- Opposing parties without legal representation;
- Insurers, insurance agents and brokers.
Devos & Van den Eynde Advocatenassociatie will not provide any other third parties with your personal data unless required by law.
Storage period of personal data
Personal data required to provide our services will be stored for ten years from the date the services were terminated.
Your rights as person concerned.
Any natural person whose personale data have been processed by Devos & Van den Eynde Advocatenassociatie, enjoys the following rights:
- The right to consult your personal data;
- The right to have your personal data rectified;
- The right to have your personal data erased;
- The right to restrict your personal data;
- The right to object to the processing of data;
- The right to data portability.
To execute any of these rights please contact Devos & Van den Eynde Advocatenassociatie via email@example.com.
Processing based on consent.
When processing of personal data is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time. This does not prejudice the legitimacy of consent based processing before such withdrawal.
Right to complain.
For any complaints on thre processig of personal data by Devos & Van den Eynde Advocatenassociatie , please contact Devos & Van den Eynde Advocatenassociatie via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any party concerned may file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority (Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit), Drukpersstraat 35 te 1000 Brussel (02/274.48.00 or email@example.com).
Contractual or legal duty to provide data.
Devos & Van den Eynde Advocatenassociatie processes personal data on the basis of a legal of contractual obligation. No concerned person is obliged to provide personal data, in which case Devos & Van den Eynde Advocatenassociatie cannot and will not provide its services.
Automated individual decision-making.
Devos & Van den Eynde Advocatenassociatie does not process any personal data with the aim of automated individual decision-maing, including profiling.